- 2 nos - Green Plantains
- 2 tsp - Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp - Oil
- Salt to taste
- Scrape the thick outer skin of the plantains and slice them using a mandoline or you can do it with a knife too but make sure the slices are crisp.
- Preheat the oven to about 300deg C .
- Now toss the slices with oil, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and neatly arrange them on a baking dish.
- Place this in the oven. Check on them every 1 min after the initial 5 mins to see if they are done on one side. Take the baking dish out and flip the chips to cook them on both sides.
- Be sure to use gloves and dont forget that the chips are going to be hot too, not just the baking dish.
- Enjoy your chips :-)
- The oven I used is a very old one and so I am not sure if the cooking time I have given can be used blindly. Feel free to modifythem as per your expereince
- You can add some Asafoetida in the seasoning too.
- Any kind of vegetable that can be made as chips can be prepared this way. eg: potatoes, bitter gourd, yam.
- I used the same method for bitter gourd chips and they were very tasty. Only difference was I added some garlic salt in the seasoning.