I mentioned the soon approaching wedding celebration in the last few posts, but April is host to another celebration of sorts around here - Jihva arrives at Akshayapaatram :) Last year when Indira opened up the hosting for '09-'10, I eagerly sent her an email hoping to host it real soon. But in the two days that it took me to communicate with her, the slots filled up at lightening speed. Indira emailed saying April 2010 was the only one left and if it would work for me. I was not going to turn down the wonderful offer but I had also never planned for anything so far into the future, ever. I had no clue what awaited me a year ahead and committed to take it up with a little uncertainty in mind. Exactly a year later, holding true to that thought of mine, I'm getting married this month!
Food is a very integral part of our culture. Be it a small family gathering, one our many festivals or a wedding gala, they are all incomplete without food. We are a people that discuss dinner while having lunch, huge fights can spawn from a cup of bad coffee :D Every festival and event has a unique food preparation or menu style accompanying it. Some from habit and some passed down from years of family tradition. The food blogging community with its rich diversity in culture would be a perfect way for us to learn about all these various traditions. So Jihva will be celebrating Wedding Feasts this month! :)
Bring out your wedding finery and cook up a recipe fit for a wedding this month. I would also love to read about your wedding memories, be it your own or one dear to you. What makes up a wedding feast in your family, is there any specific dish that just has to be served and is there a specific order to serve them ? What is your favorite wedding treat ? Please do write about it and share with us your beautiful memories and experiences.
Please come and join in! There is no restriction on the number of entries, more the merrier! If you think you already have something in your blog that relates to this theme, re-post it on your blog, or link to it in a current post using the above guidelines. I might have a special gift in store for one lucky entry, will add in the details soon :)JFI - Wedding FeastsGuidelines for participation:
- Cook /share a recipe that forms part of a wedding feast. Memories, stories, folklore - anything related to weddings can also be included and will be greatly appreciated!
- My request would be that all dishes sent to the event are vegetarian.
- Post about it and link to this announcement page and to Indira's Jihva for Ingredients post. Feel free to use the logo for the event in your post if needed.
- Send me an email at 'akshayapaatram dot gmail dot com 'with the subject line - "JFI - Wedding Feasts"
- Within the email, include:
Photo of the dish (any size)
- The deadline for the event is April 30th, 2010.
- Non-blogger entries are equally welcome, just send me an email and I will post your recipes on the blog prior to the round-up.
Its going to be a huge celebration here, and I am eagerly looking forward to all your posts! If possible do share the event on your blogs to spread the word, thank you! :)